Author Topic: Are you planing to release on steam?  (Read 1717 times)

Firesquirrel66

• Fighting starfish
Are you planing to release on steam?
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »
Are you going to put your game in the steam greenlight process? Was just wondering since I love steam and all that.
Don't let the starfish win. FIGHT THEM TILL THE BITTER END.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
Re: Are you planing to release on steam?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
Yes, that's the plan. I'd like to start greenlight in January or February and launch the game shortly after.

killer007lite

• PACKED full of ideas...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:33:15 AM »
Big step in my opinion, green light can either do magic or ruin the game, but that's the risk you take, eh?

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »
Most indie developers get 90%+ of their sales from steam, so it's practically a requirement if you want it to be sustainable, unless you can do this full time or have insane marketing skills. Green light seems to have reduced it's vote requirements from 10k down to around 2k, so it will be easier to get in. I'm hoping to get a lot of word of mouth advertising and will try to do some marketing stuff (although not my strong suit). 

J

• Smile! C=
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
If you don't get enough votes, try a free demo on kong and let people know you're running a greenlight campaign. Still it would be better to already have it greenlit by that time, but if you don't make it this would be an option.
This is ice cream: <3

Tjgalon

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
I know I became a fan of Creeper world cause of Kong. It was so much fun I just had to try it out, and here i am owning all 3 now, and 200 hours of it on Steam. Sadly I not been to Kong forever, but tons of people still do, and it could help drum up eyes for the game.