Author Topic: Development Updates  (Read 5536 times)

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
Development Updates
« on: July 31, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »
Battle for Orion 2 is currently in development. It is a space based game that is a blend of RTS and galactic conquest.

The final game will feature a full story and a battle simulator to create endless random maps. 

The battle takes place among multiple star systems connected by star lanes. Each planet around the star can have space modules built around it to produce resources, build ships, increase ship control points, and defend planets. Ships travel through wormholes between star systems. As you conquer more star systems, you'll expand your empire and build up your forces. Enemy AI will build up and conrol fleets of ships that will try to wipe you out. Destroy them all before they overcome your forces.

Development started in March, 2015. The game is in alpha testing as of June, 2015.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:40:31 AM by Hubs »

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
Re: Development Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »
Here's a few screen shots to show the current look of the game:

Click here to show:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:23:51 PM by Hubs »

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
Officially built and tested level 1! The first mission is all about getting used to navigating around a sector of space and controlling units.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 04:42:35 PM »
First gameplay video is out!! Check it out here: http://youtu.be/kdNy-xkHw1U

EmmaLou88

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
Sweet video. Can't wait to play it! When do you think the game will come out?

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »
Thanks! I'm hoping to get it into steam greanlight by the end of the year and release it in early 2016.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »
I just updated the home page with a brief description of the game and a link to a dedicated page for the game.

Check it out:
http://infloopgames.com
http://infloopgames.com/battle-for-orion-2/

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »
It's been a while since my last Dev update, but hopefully this will make it worth the wait...

I'm happy to report that core gameplay development is done and I'll be putting the game in steam green light and Kickstarter very soon. My original plan was to do this back in April or May, but I took a few months to build in a full map editor. I had been trying to decide if I wanted to do it before or after launching the game, but ultimately opted to do it before hand. When starting to put together the promo video (which is 99% gameplay footage) I realized I could make the video and finish the campaign way faster with it, instead of writing the missions manually. So, to everyone's benefit, I'll be launching the game with a full map editor. As for a map sharing option, we'll see...

So stay tuned for another update coming soon in regards to kickstarter and Steam green light. So tell your friends, family, coworkers, random strangers, and everyone else you know about Battle for Orion 2!

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 01:55:39 PM »
My Kickstarter page is almost finished. I have the first half of the video done, which is the backstory of the game. Second half is going to be me with commentary. Aiming for a late July/early august launch.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »
Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight will launch on August 2!

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »
Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight launch tomorrow!

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 11:14:57 AM »
Alpha build 20 has just been published, and will mark the and of the alpha stage. The game will move to Beta later this month. All game mechanics are in place now and most of the interfaces are complete. I have 7 story missions done out of 25 or so planned.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »
Greenlight status achieved!  14/24 campaign missions are complete.

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »
It's been a while since my last update, but I've been very busy! As you can see the website is being updated in preparation for game launch, which is about 2-4 months away. The campaign has 20/24 missions complete. The menu has been completely redone. The map editor has gotten a ton of improvements, and custom map sharing is ready to go.

My focus now is on steam integration and getting a brand new awesome trailer made. The first was good, but it needs to be updated to include new features and be recorded in better quality. Once that is ready the steam page will go up with a release date (finally!!).

Battle for Orion 2 will be released for Windows and Mac through steam only at first. This being my first major game launch, I decided to reduce the possible issues that could occur at launch. A Linux build is not off the table, so if you're interested, let me know. Also, at some point I'll sell the game directly through my site as a non-DRM version.

Thank you to all of my testers and those checking in for updates. I've put a lot of work into this game, and it's almost finished. We're in the home stretch!!!

Hubs

• Administrator
    • Infinite Loop Games
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »
The game is now complete! All levels and features have been completed. You can check out the game on steam here:http://store.steampowered.com/app/564470. While you are there be sure to add it to your wish list. I have 2 months of marketing, and then you can all enjoy Battle for Orion 2 on March 23!